Monday, February 13, 2017

This is a post I do not enjoy making

This is a post I do not enjoy making. We as researchers think that we are above being hoaxed. That it cant happen to us because we can "spot it a mile away." Well, let me tell you that it can happen to anyone. Yesterday, I posted audio from an email received from a good friend of mine. He was genuinely excited. He has sent me recordings in the past. I posted the audio thinking it had been authentic. I had no reason to doubt him. A while after, I was tagged in a post calling m...e a thief. The audio I posted apparently belonged to a researcher Mike Paterson from Sasquatch Ontario. I cant seem to tag him. Anyway, I stood my ground when this guy called me out, and I was very defensive having been called a thief. Turns out, I was in the wrong. The audio does indeed seem to be stolen. The friend that sent me the audio was also hoaxed as well, and I will be copying and pasting his post he sent me at the end of this. I would like to apologize to Mike Paterson as well as my own followers and fellow researchers. I have certainly learned some humility as well as received a kick in the pants to vet evidence I receive more thoroughly in the future. I sincerely hope that this incident does not undermine your confidence in me and that you will continue to follow my work in the future. Thank you. Here is my friend, Donald W Kaylor's words he sent me earlier regarding the audio.
Hi my name is Don Kaylor from grant county KY i email Thomas Shay Audio Recording's through Gmail I recorded some strange sounds I have never heard in my entire life.come to find out my recording might have been tampered with buy a friend of mine that was playing a joke on me. He gose in the woods with me his name is Shane Owens I think he might have taken my recorder from the location took it to his house and recorded these sounds strange sounds I have all kinds of audio recordings but I never heard anything like this so Tom last night sent me a link to listen to mr. Patterson's audio recordings and it sounded almost identical so I started questioning is it really mine or is it really his so I was thinking what Eles could have happen so I call my friend Shane Owens because he new where I set my recorder.because we were going through the recorder listening to The Sounds he knew right where that sounds were and he said listen to what we have and that's when I said holy s*** that sounds weird did he go get my recorder did he record this off of YouTube I don't know I can't get no answers out of him he won't answer his phone or his Door I'm just assuming that because it almost sounds identical so I'm apologizing to Thomas Shay Rodney Steve Winn from Northern Kentucky Bigfoot research group and I apologize to mr Patterson because it sounds just like the Audio I heard last night but I will find out the truth