Thursday, March 13, 2014

"" UPDATE'' habitation area Trimble, county KY.

 On  03/11/2014 , I went back to the habitation area were me and Rodney have been placing peanut butter jars and trail cam. As I entered the area by 4 wheeler the path that I take was blocked by some small trees which were not there Saturday 03/08/14. So I began to remove the debris. As I finished I documented the time as 11:48 am .
I proceed back into the habitation site to were the trail cam and jar of peanut butter was placed .
After arriving at the peanut butter jar I noticed that the jar was gone and the tape lay upon the ground as you can see in these photos.
Then I went to were I had set up the trail cam and found it was missing at first my first response was that someone had taken the trail cam but that all changed as I looked around and at the base of the tree were the trail cam was placed this is what I found the ground was soft enough that what appears to be a foot print as you can see in this photo.

The print measured 17 inches long  the print is of a bare foot there are toes visible there were other tracks which was not as detailed  I took  photos of the prints.gathered the tape and placed them in a evidence bag at which time I will investigate for any evidence.
The rest of the afternoon I spent looking for my trail cam thinking it may have been tossed over the hill or in some brush but I had no luck. no surprise I've lost five trail cams so far in this area three disappeared  two  damaged severely. I gave up the search for the trail cam and placed myself on a ridge over looking a valley around 4:00 pm I got a wood knock from the adjacent ridge across from me and not more than a couple minutes later A wood knock came from behind me.
It was quite for a few hours then from the ridge across from me a large whoop then silence.By this time it was around 7:30 pm and I decided to pack it up and call it a day .
Then out of know were there was this low mournful cry and as I stood there looking around  there was a more aggressive cry of anger that sent chills up my back.
I stayed for around 30 minutes at which time it was starting to get dark and I didn't observe any more  activity in the area .We are planing to go back this weekend with a new jar of peanut butter and a new trail cam in hand with some new ideas on hiding the trail cam.We will keep you posted on the evidence that we collect in this area .