Saturday, December 22, 2012

MY FIRST ENCOUNTER

MY FIRST ENCOUNTER


I have trekked over the counties of Trimble Carroll and Henry investigating sightings and encounters braving the cold of winter and the heat of summer. snow, ice, violent thunder storms and a tornado or two.it always brings me back to my first encounter
It was late September in the Ohio Valley warm during the day cool at night.The small town of Milton Kentucky nestled next to the Ohio river. I had come home for a seven day leave from the service to visit my parents. After getting settled in after a few days, I was contacted by a old girlfriend who asked me to visit her in Carrollton, Kentucky A small town twelve miles east of Milton.So we decided to meet that coming Friday night. finally Friday came around I got myself together and headed out. it was around 6pm in the evening as I pulled out onto hwy us 36 and began my trip to Carrollton.IT was about three miles on us 36 it was slowly getting dark at this time an I was the only car on the road.slowly in the distance I could make out a figure standing on the right shoulder of the road as I approached the figure. I slowed down and that's when I noticed that the figure was covered in reddish brown hair and huge I estimated it stood at least eight foot.as I passed the creature I kept watching it in my rear view mirror it started crossing hwy us 36 heading in the direction to the Ohio river I suddenly turned the car around right in the middle of the road.and returned to the sight of were the creature crossed and pulled the car over to the shoulder retrieved the flashlight from the glove box and exit the car and started scanning the field with the flashlight and out at 75 years the creature stood looking at me and I can remember to this day the growl it gave before turning and heading off into the darkness.stunned and shocked I got my bearings and made my way back home.were I told my story to my parents.at that time my parents blew it off .saying my eye were playing tricks on me.but that will change in a couple of years when they have there encounters but that's another story.this were I started my guest for answers. the monster hunter was born.